Product Life Cycle Support, PLCS (ISO 10303-AP239 ed 2), is an international standard for managing product information over the entire product life cycle, from requirements, through design, operation and maintenance, to phase out and recycling.
This two-day walkthrough of PLCS will provide participants an understanding of the need for PLCS, what information it covers, and how to use (implement) the standard. Examples of implementations will be presented, and participants will get an overview of available tools to work with PLCS.
Major international organizations and authorities participated in the development of the standard, and Eurostep had the project and technical lead. Eurostep has also played a significant role in the continued work of developing user guidance within OASIS, and with implementing the standard. Thereby, Eurostep has a unique position and qualifications to present and explain the standard and how to use it.
Prerequisites and Objective
Everybody interested in what PLCS is and what benefits it may offer in your business environment are welcome to the training, but the PLCS Technical Walkthrough is especially suited to technicians and system developers that will work with development of PLCS-based solutions and integrations, as well as for information modellers developing and working with DEX’s. The training also gives a very good insight in PLCS for project managers.
The objectives of the training are:
- To get a good understanding of the PLCS standard and how it may create actual business value.
- Knowledge about how the standard is built up and intended to be used
- Knowledge about different implementation techniques and tools for the standard
- Understanding of reference data and DEX’s, and how to use them
The training material is in English.
– Background and business drivers
- PLCS Core concepts
- PLCS activity model
- Relationship to other standards
– PLCS information model, walkthrough and details of some core parts, e.g.:
- Representing product data
- Representing activities
- Change Management
– PLCS implementation architecture
- PLCS SysML Model
– PLCSlib (development environment for PLCS implementations)
- DEX and Templates
- Managing reference data
- How to and best-practices
– Implementation strategies and use cases