Get to a real digital twin in the AEC industry
The AEC industry is undergoing digitalisation at an accelerating pace, requiring solutions to manage data around the design, construction and maintenance phases of physical assets using a digital twin.
Eurostep delivers ShareAspace based solutions in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry as a collaboration hub primarily in the extended enterprise with a common multi-company setup.
ShareAspace plays a role as the collaboration hub enabling sharing of data as well as documents between business partners. ShareAspace also adds the rich information model enabling a system-of-systems approach as well as the lifecycle management of data. The integration and consolidation of data from multiple sources are possible with data in standard formats like IFC or STEP but also be interfacing via open APIs and open file formats.
Key challenges we address in AEC:
- Managing digital data of buildings, infrastructure and plant given their longer life-time than IT hardware and software.
- Sharing and making data available across different IT systems to allow for optimal performance in the complete value chain.
- Optimizing the availability of the assets and reaching an optimal life cycle profit for the plant by sharing data across organisation borders.
- Maintaining a level of industrial standardisation for initial cost control and through life for one-off design assets.
- Managing Intellectual property (IP) to build and maintain trust.
Benefits of ShareAspace:
- ShareAspace is based on a rich data model allowing for a true digital transfer or sharing of all data relevant for AEC and Plant objects.
- The standard-based model and open APIs of ShareAspace allows for data exchange and sharing with no vendor lock-in and flexibility in partnerships.
- ShareAspace is based on the PLCS standards with its excellent support of through-life information management. ShareAspace adds needed life cycle support to the snapshot exchanges of digital data that the AEC and Plant collaboration projects are based on today.
- ShareAspace is designed to deal with fine-grained digital twin/digital thread data but it can also manage large volumes of documents and other unstructured data with its powerful search capabilities