“PLM Collaboration Concepts” training
Working efficiently with your partners and suppliers is a key factor for success. One important area that needs to be addressed is how to manage the involved product information like drawings, bill of materials, spare parts lists etc. You and your partners are typically using different part number series, different change procedures and way of structuring.
This training will give you an insight in best practices in the collaboration area, what standards to consider and how cloud technology could be part of the solution.
The training will be delivered by three of the senior consultants at Eurostep with extensive experience from designing and implementing PLM collaboration solutions in a number of Industries.
Agenda (Total 6h)
1. Introduction to Collaboration (1h 30m). This block will give you an understanding of the basic concepts and challenges in the collaboration area and some best practice examples.
- Industry Trends: Current challenges within Collaboration as experienced by industry.
- Collaboration scenarios, Typical collaboration scenarios, their characteristics and challenges.
- OEM Examples including two-way supplier collaboration and configured 3D for manufacturing simulation.
2. Standards (1h 30m). Standards play a key role in efficient collaboration solution, this session will give you an understanding on what standards to consider and how.
- Information standards including AP239, AP242 covering Modelling approach and scope.
- Usage of information standards for System Interfaces, DB Design and File transfer.
- JT vs STEP
- Process standards covering collaboration change processes
3. Collaboration Processes (1h 30m). This session will discuss some key Collaboration processes and how these can be addressed.
- Set-Up and Closure of Collaboration projects (incl. integration of partners i.e. info mapping)
- Collaborative Change in different phases
- Alias Identification management
4. Architecture, Operation, Security aspects of Collaboration (1h 30m). This session will present the IT aspect of efficient and secure collaboration solutions.
- Operation in Cloud and On-Premise, how to interact.
- Integration approaches, file, Browser, API, webhooks.