Store data separately
Preview documents stored in Export Control
Protect access to documents via licenses
Provide information to licensed users
Maintain a full audit history
Controlled data sharing across global value chains
A data export & import control solution for Equipment Manufacturers, System Integrators and Operators
Be compliant when exporting and sharing sensitive data
Share highly sensitive information in a safe and controlled way & reduce overheads on audit trail requirements.
Control sharing of licensed information to identified importers with granular restrictions
Monitor data and record which files have been downloaded by whom and when.
Manage multiple licences from different authorities on the same sensitive data
Manage your regulated and non-regulated data with access control
Easier management of access to licensed data & segregation of Export Controlled data, protecting your infrastructure.
Managing user information and security clearance status.
Control user access to the shared licensed information.
Support users in classifying information according to one or more export classifications.
Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions. If you have more questions do not hesitate to contact us below.
Yes, you can log in via SSO.
The product is not currently offered as a hosted service, however the product can be deployed either on premise or on Azure.
Our product is generic and can support most export control regulations.
Yes. There are several ways in which the product can be integrated with a PLM system.
- Regulated data that is to be shared can be exported from the PLM system to ShareAspace Export Control where it can be shared subject to the relevant export control licence.
- Alternatively, the files that are subject to export regulations can be stored in ShareAspace Export Control and be linked to from the PLM system. Hence, access to sensitive files is managed by ShareAspace.
No. The product focuses on managing the technical information associated with physical items that are subject to export control. E.g. design specifications, technical manuals, drawings.
Yes. A part definition may detail properties of the part that are sensitive, such as the material and performance characteristics. Such characteristics can be identified and access to them controlled.
Export control licenses often stipulate the geographical locations from where a user can access data. ShareAspace Export Control does not track and identify a users location. Instead, the user must state where they are at, and if they say they are in the correct location (as stated on the licence), the system will allow the user to download the file. Note that all system actions are logged so the fact that the user stated that they were in a given location when they accessed the data is recorded.
All user actions are logged by the system. This includes recording when a user logs in, what file they viewed, downloaded or deleted. The system also logs what information was shared with whom and when. These logs are provided as reports, either as JSON or Excel. Hence administrators can readily provide reports to the relevant authorities including reports on:
- The data that has been shared or unshared – On what date, by whom, with whom, under what licence.
- The files – Under what licence, have been downloaded or deleted on what date, by whom.
- The licences that are managed – Whether they have been shared or unshared – On what date, by whom, with whom.
- The users that had access to the licensed data and the user’s nationalities, security clearances and employment history.
Yes. A person’s nationality, security clearance history, employment history can all be recorded and used to control access to the information.